MA in Urban Studies, CUNY School of Urban and Labor Studies

COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP, STUDENT ROLES

SLU USS DELEGATE, 2021-2022

As the Co-Chair of SLU Union, my responsibility is to represent all of the student body attending SLU inside and outside of the college’s environment. I negotiate with the School of Labor and Urban Studies administers for things such as establishing a food pantry for students going through food insecurity, mental health counseling, scholarships, tuition, etc. My role is to make sure that students are properly represented. I also represent SLU students at the state level as their Graduate Delegate on the CUNY University Student Senate (USS) to help CUNY students get the funding and aid they need.

STUDENT ELECTION REVIEW COMMITTEE (SERC)

As an elected member of the CUNY University Student Senate, I serve in the Student Election Review Committee (SERC). I meet with other Senate SERC members to organize and plan elections for all vacant and term limit USS Senate posts. This will be done with the guidance of our Chairperson Joseph Awadjie. We are responsible to review and approve election procedures and certify the results of the CUNY USS elections and the CUNY Senate body referenda. All terms are one-year positions and elections typically take place in the Spring semester.